The Centre of Excellence “Ideas for the Basic Education of the Future “ on Innovative Learning, Teaching Environments and Practices aims at looking beyond the current trends in basic education worldwide. The centre is based in Shanghai.
IBEF philosophy is to identify the most innovative ideas, to valorize the unconventional developmental practices, to study and understand how to implement them on the long-term. The Centre studies and disseminates innovative learning and teaching environments and practices for the future.
The activities promoted by the Centre “Ideas for the Basic Education of the Future” include:
- Establishing a fruitful scientific dialogue between China and other countries about Cultural Psychology of Education;
- Field studies in the schools of excellence worldwide;
- Definition of best practices and model building;
- Co-design, scaffolding to implementation and evaluation of innovative activities with the associated partners;
- Network building;
- Support and training in fund raising;
- Dissemination activities for educational institutions and policy makers;
- Scientific and educational publications;
- Organization of scientific events for the exchange of experiences and best practices;
- International mobility of students and researchers.